Thursday, May 25, 2006

poison oak is draining

Literally. It is draining in these magical yellow crystals, like I am exuding my own personal amber.
And it is draining because it itches, it feels like something is simaltaneously chewing its way out from the inside, and lighting fires as it goes. I am showering every hour. I wake up in the middle of the night itching. I have showered so much I am sick of showering. And the showerhead in my apartment broke, and was trickling about as much water as a drooly baby, and I was screaming, covered in TecnuExtreme and cursing and itching, so I finally dismantled the whole f*cking thing and now shower in a hard stream of water coming out of bare pipe; it's disgusting.

And all I can think about is poison oak, and how the hell I am going to sit on a round black cushion for hours at a time when my ass is like a topographical map with raised archipelegoes of rash, and my car is busted, too, and no one knows what is wrong with it, and I guess I can be grateful her clutch cable didn't snap on the Tassajara grade, because I'd have been off a cliff like Thelma and Louise, and I guess car trouble and a rash is better than being dead.

So I'm leaving very soon, and I can only imagine that all these setbacks are my unconscious ambivalence about returning to the monastery.

Whatever, I'm going.
I'll probably get bit by a rattlesnake, but I'm going.
So I won't be around here for several months.
Have a great summer, blogland.

1 Comments:

Blogger frlmnk said...

Hey. I've been up that hill and back down that route myself. I don't know if you'll read this, but, for the poison oak, shower with cold water and soap up good to wash as much of that amber of yours away. Hot water will only open you pores and help spread the itch. It's in the puss. The more the puss spreads the more the itch does.
(Did I just say what I think I did?)

I'm into red ants myself. There's also this little wingless wasp that gets my attention when I find it between me and the zafu.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home